Help shape our research
We want to improve our clinical research processes, our research participants’ experiences and make sure that our trials and studies provide maximum benefit to people’s health – to do this, we need your help.
Involving people in our clinical research is about more than asking them to take part in a trial or study. Volunteers also help to shape our clinical research activities – what we do and how we do it – and we call this Patient and Public Involvement (PPI). This includes:
- meeting up to discuss ideas for clinical research trials and studies
- reviewing clinical research information sheets and posters
- feeding back ideas on how to promote clinical research trials and studies and their results
- helping us identify research priorities
- taking part in a clinical research trial or study steering group
We work with a range of people to shape our clinical research activities, including people with experience of a particular condition (as a patient, family member or carer), people who have taken part in a trial or study, and those who have an interest in clinical research.
Sign up here
If you have any questions or would like more information about PPI, please contact us by calling 023 8120 4989 or emailing PublicInvolvement@uhs.nhs.uk. You can also take a look at our FAQs below.